Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cheddar Cheese Apple Muffins

I took these to a play date at the park this morning and they were a hit.  They are yummy favorites and I am happy to share!  I can't give credit where credit is due, unfortunately, since I copied the original out of a library book a long time ago.  (It says page 77 and is in the 'wholesome healthy muffins' section if that helps!)  This is my version with just a few tweaks.





Cheddar Cheese Apple Muffins
1 egg
1 ¼ cups milk
¼ cup melted margarine
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup grated unpeeled apple
1 ¼ cups grated old Cheddar cheese
  
Preheat oven to 400, grease muffin tin.
In a small bowl, beat egg lightly with a fork.  Add milk and margarine; stir well.
In a larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.  Add egg mixture; stir just until blended.  Fold in apple and 1 cup of cheese.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake in preheated oven for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.

* These make great mini muffins (toddler snacks!) - I baked them for 12 minutes and they turned out great.

No comments: