Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Because Reading is Sometimes All I Want To Do

Having an evening with nothing pressing to do, with a boy who went to sleep on his own well, a husband working out in the garage and a girl hanging out in the living room with me, and a book that is gripping, is pretty much heaven. 

Here's what I've read since last book post:

Keep Quiet by Lisa Scottoline - 7.5 - Not bad for a random pick off the shelf.  The second half picked up and the story twisted pretty good.

Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson - 8.5 - Her characters are so much deeper and stronger than anyone in real life, but she tells a good story.  I have liked her books for a long time.

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath - 6 - I have seen this one on many 'Have to Read' lists, but while it may be an important work as a portrait of someone descending into insanity, I didn't enjoy it much.  Oh, well!

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple - 8 - Funny.

Holes by Louis Sachar - 9.5 - Awesome.  I loved it.  It's a kids's book, and I know M read it years ago; there's a reason it's won so many awards.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - 9 - So excellent. I couldn't do anything till I had read the last page.  And then I couldn't do anything because I was crying.

Happy reading!

Oh, I'm also reading through the Gospels during Lent.  There is no better story ever written...

No comments: