Saturday, November 14, 2015

I Read.

And oldie, but a goodie!  It's little M the bookie.

I read to relax.
I read because I love getting into a good story.
I read to experience different times, places, and cultures.
I read because it takes me away from the present - a coffee break from my stay-at-home-ness.
I read because I am too tired to sew anymore.

I haven't blogged about what I've read for a while, so while I do read fast, rest assured that these haven't all been devoured in the last few weeks... I do have a life outside the pages!

These are the ones I rated 5 stars out of 5, which means I quite enjoyed the book.
 The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
 By the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Parnassus on Wheels by Christopher Morley
Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli

These were 4.5 stars - not amazing, but better than just good.
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

These ones rated 4 stars: a decent read; something worthwhile in it.
Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Run by Ann Pachett
Paper Towns by John Green
Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
The Thousand Dollar Tan Line: A Veronica Mars Mystery by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham
I am Malala by Christina Lamb and Malala Yousafzai

And then there was The Maze Runner by James Dashner that only ranked a 3.5.  I know it's aimed at a younger audience, but meh.

So there you have it - a list of names to refer to if you are wondering what to read next. 

Happy reading!!!

No comments: